There is no place like Purefoy!

There is no place like Purefoy!

Monday, November 12, 2012

One more week of school before Thanksgiving!

Hello Purefoy Families,



We are heading into our final week before our Thanksgiving Break. November is a month that we tend to reflect and think of things in our life for which we are thankful. I received an email from one of my teachers today and wanted to share it with you. It made my day and emphasized one of the many reasons why I am so thankful to work with teachers and students!


“I just had a quick share… Earlier in the week, I had a group of students at my teacher table during math and we were working on a story problem. There were three kids and each one chose a different strategy to solve their problem! And even better, they were able to defend and justify it! We had a great discussion about how some strategies work for others and some don’t. It was awesome to see them so engaged and loving math! I know this happens all the time but I thought you might enjoy hearing how great they are working! I was really proud of them for stepping out of their comfort zones!”

Have a wonderful weekend,

Mary Webb



Reminders:

• PTA has extended the deadline for Fun Run collection. It is not too late to qualify for prizes.

• For the next few days, we have displayed our VERY large collection of Lost and Found in the hall by the cafeteria. Please stop by and look for lost items as they will be donated soon.

• “How do you raise a grateful child” Coffee with the Counselor is November 13th from 8:30-9:30 at Boals Elementary.

No comments:

Post a Comment