There is no place like Purefoy!

There is no place like Purefoy!

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February is here!

Hello Purefoy Parents,




I hope you are enjoying the first day of February! I can’t believe we have already concluded our first month of 2013. We are quickly approaching the 100th day of school.



This week I visited Mrs. Greene’s classroom. As the students entered the room, they were asked to read a quote she had written on the board and quickly jot down their thoughts. The quote was complex and many students thought long about what to write. As I walked around the room, I was so proud of their thinking. I wanted to share one students thoughts, “This quote means all the thoughts and feelings that swirl around in your head as you embrace the book should be put on paper. The worlds connect with you through the words you have written.” Great thinking!



Next week the PTA is hosting a school supply drive. I do want to clarify it is not expected that parents purchase all the supplies on the flyer every day. This is voluntary and not an expectation. You may choose to participate as much or as little as you like. Thank you PTA for coordinating the drive.



Have a wonderful weekend,

Mary Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment