There is no place like Purefoy!

There is no place like Purefoy!

Monday, February 25, 2013

We are heading into March!

Hello Purefoy Families,




I hope your kiddos enjoyed having a day off of school on Monday! The teachers were in “school” for the day. We had a great time working with teachers at Boals Elementary on structures to improve student engagement.



Last Friday, I received a really neat email from Mr. Pontikes. He was sharing a proud moment regarding his children setting goals and planning out how to achieve the goal for jump rope for heart. I loved what he had to say and he gave me permission to share his words…

“You can't imagine (or maybe you can) the pride I felt hearing about them working so hard to achieve this goal. It was 100% their idea and though it was Valentine's Day, my wife had no problem giving up this night to spend a few hours watching her children learn about what it takes to help others and about selflessness and hard work. It was the best Valentine's Day in her estimation. She welled up every time she tried to tell the story of the 2 kids fearlessly approaching each door and thanking each person whether they could help or not. It was a proud moment for Dad as well, though I can't take any credit. I'm cheering from the sidelines and proud of these two kids and the great job they did achieving their goal.”

Each moment is a teachable time for kids and sometimes ourselves. I hope your weekend is filled with wonderful moments with your children.

Sincerely,

Mary Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment